Marsha King is an independent leadership consultant who works with senior leaders to assess their skills and personality by using various assessment tools including 360s, behavioral interviews, and Hogan (HPI, HDS, and MVPI). She also designs interventions including training, seminars, team building, and strategic planning initiatives. Most recently, she has conducted leadership development initiatives and coached executives within Dale Carnegie, Gurwitch Cosmetics, Navigant Consulting, CEVA Logistics, T. Rowe Price, The Goodwill of Greater Washington, Sunrise Senior Living, Furst Group, Avon, Pepco Holdings, and AARP.
Marsha worked for Capital One, a Fortune 200 Financial services firm based in McLean, VA, for nearly eight years. She began as the Director of Leadership Acceleration where she led 40 employees to provide services across the organization including succession planning, performance management, diversity, training and development, and talent management. After three years, she became a Managing Vice President of HR and led HR Consulting for Capital One’s staff groups and several other strategic businesses. Additionally, she led external HR branding and enterprise-wide change management as part of her responsibilities.
Prior to joining Capital One, Marsha was a Trainer and Executive Coach for Development Dimensions International (DDI), a global human resource consulting firm based in Pittsburgh, PA. She worked with several Fortune 500 firms including Qwest, Nortel, Steelcase, Whirlpool and the US Postal Service to assess leadership capability and coach leaders to demonstrate stronger performance. Prior to DDI, she worked with the Pennsylvania State University as a faculty coach in their Engineering Leadership Program.
Marsha is also a well-respected adjunct professor at Northwestern University and George Washington University where she teaches in their Human Resource Development programs, specializing in coaching, consulting, and research.
- DDI – Service Plus
- Hogan Assessments
- Voices® 360 Feedback
- PhD in Organization Development, The Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Education, Instructional Systems Design/Multimedia, The Pennsylvania State University
- Change Management Certification, University of Virginia, Darden College of Business
- Negotiation and Influence Skills Certification, Harvard University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Human Resource Management), The Ohio State University
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Change Management
- Coaching For Results
- Collaborative Coaching
- Cross-Cultural Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Executive On-Boarding
- Executive Team Coaching & Development
- High-Potential Executive
- Instructional/Program Design
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Strategic HR & Organizational Consulting
- Team Coaching & Facilitation
- Team Intervention
- Transition Coaching