One of Ariel’s most veteran affiliates, Pat Dougan has been training and coaching clients for over 25 years. She has designed, developed, and delivered a range of leadership communication workshops and is an executive coach for a number of senior leaders. She is particularly passionate about coaching executives “on-camera” for live or web-based communications for maximum impact.
Pat’s extensive list of clientele include: Capital One, American Express, Harvard Business School, IBM, Liberty Mutual, Bain Capital, MetLife, General Electric, Time Warner, Deloitte, Coca-Cola, Tufts University
From 1994 to 2009, Pat served as Ariel’s Vice President of Training and Development, managing a team of 45 facilitators. As a member of the Leadership Team, she partnered to establish and implement the company’s vision, strategy and culture in addition to managing day-to-day operations. This gives Pat critical experience in not just aspects of leadership and management, but in optimal methods of training delivery as well. Pat has volunteered with a number of organizations, including two in Africa. In Ghana, she worked with Christian and Muslim youth leaders and in Zambia she helped to provide dental care to orphans.
- Played the role of Stella in the play A Streetcar Named Desire at Boston’s Lyric Stage.
- Appeared in over 600 commercials and corporate training films.
- Directed the play Educating Rita at New Repertory Theatre in Newton, Mass.
Education and Credentials
- B.S. (magna cum laude) in Management from the University of Massachusetts
- Guest faculty teacher in the MFA Program at Brandeis University
- Studied acting at New York City’s prestigious Neighborhood Playhouse
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Worked with the CEO of a major professional services firm to share his global visions and values through storytelling. Story was delivered to 4,000 partners and won him the CEO position over the incumbent.
- Coached the EVP of a U.S.-based credit card company and bank to strengthen internal and external business relationships through heightening the impact of his communications and emotional intelligence.
- Helped the only female member of a major banking institution’s C-suite establish her leadership voice to build credibility with all stakeholders.