Margie has nearly 30 years of experience coaching executives of Fortune 100 and 500 companies world-wide. She has helped her clients grow their careers, broaden their scope of leadership and achieve both personal and organizational success. Margie focuses on the core strengths and values of her clients and leverages them to master strategic, organizational and interpersonal challenges. She helps leaders skillfully adapt to change and inspire their colleagues to do the same.
During her 25 years at Ariel, Margie’s list of clients has grown to include: American Express, Biogen, Capital One, Procter & Gamble, Google, Harvard Business School, Boston Consulting Group, General Electric, McKinsey, Wellington Management.
Business, Leadership and Academic Experience
One of Ariel’s most veteran affiliates, Margie was instrumental in designing and contributing to some of Ariel’s most successful programs. She has led numerous initial engagements that developed into major revenue-generating clients for the business. In 2002, Margie founded Zohn Coaching where she serves as a principal. From 2011-2022, Margie held a faculty appointment at Harvard University teaching public speaking. During this time, her course was among the most highly rated at the university according to student scores. Margie also trained and mentored all incoming instructors to the Harvard speaking program which tripled in size during her tenure. She was recognized for excellence in teaching by Harvard’s Derek Bok Center during each semester she taught. Margie has also served as a senior consultant with the Leadership Development Institute of the Combined Jewish Philanthropies.
- Directed JoBeth Williams and Josh Hamilton in a Brown University alumni project “Together Apart”, a Zoom musical benefitting The Actor’s Fund
- Actor in Anna Deveare Smith’s Institute on the Arts and Civic Dialogue at The American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, MA
- Played leading roles at Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, MA, including Viola in Twelfth Night and Cressida in Troilus and Cressida
Education and Credentials
- B.A. in Theater from Brown University
- Ed.M. from Harvard University
- Post-graduate training in Organizational Psychology
- Coaching certification from The College of Executive Coaching
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Coached a Senior Vice President of a large internet retail company to motivate his organization to hit revenue targets and retain and develop high potential employees. Targets were exceeded and this client went on to become COO of a subsidiary company.
- Coached recently promoted VP of Engineering to onboard and integrate new teams, overcome fears around public speaking and extend her influence on major company decisions.
- Coached Regional VP of a global consumer goods company to outstanding performance in a high-stakes presentation to 300 people at a global event. Directly involved in both crafting the content and honing the delivery.
- Helped Senior HR Leader at a large biotech company develop her own coaching skill set so that she could design and build a coaching practice within her firm.
- Empowered Senior Manager of a strategy-consulting firm to successfully overcome challenges in communication and relationship-building that were threatening to be career derailers.
- Coached Product Executive at a major healthcare company to lead from her values, resulting in measurably increased engagement from the people in her organization.