Dr. Shaffer is a business executive and an industrial organizational psychology consultant with over 20 years of international experience working with individuals, teams, and organizations to unlock employee engagement, manage change, build leadership, high-performing teams, resilience, and create cultures of innovation, adaptability, and results orientation.
He is highly skilled at working with executives and top talent at all levels, from boards and CEOs to functional heads, technical leaders, and line staff. His highly practical and results-driven approach allows him to quickly assess business challenges and opportunities and organizational culture and dynamics to help clients navigate challenges and develop effective action plans. Adept at challenging current thinking to innovate, motivate, and drive for competitive advantage, Aaron is widely respected as a trusted advisor and key influencer. Clients know he brings creativity, candor, and an unwavering commitment to the individuals and organizations he serves.
Before joining ECC, Dr. Shaffer held senior leadership roles at Motorola (a Google company), ITT Industries, and Network Appliance. He has had P&L responsibility, led global HR, built organizations from the ground up, and managed through crises and significant business and technological disruption. He teaches organizational and leadership development at the University of California and Webster University.
On the personal side, Aaron enjoys hiking, camping, family time, adventure travel, and competitive road cycling. He is a dedicated husband, father, and competitive athlete, bringing that same focus, drive, teamwork, and energy to his coaching and consulting practice.
- 16PF® Questionnaire
- Executive FiRE Index 2.0 – Resilience Instrument
- Hogan 360°
- Hogan Personality Inventory Assessment
- MBTI® Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Targeted Selection® DDI, Development Dimensions International
- PhD Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Alliant International University
- Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, California State University, Long Beach
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of California, Irvine
- Executive Coaching
- Coaching key technical talent
- Leadership development
- Business Consulting
- Organizational effectiveness & continuous improvement
- Strategy setting
- Team development
- Presentation skills
- 360-degree feedback
- Conflict and negotiation
- Training and development
- Employee surveys (design, delivery, action-taking)
- Training curriculum design
- Selection and assessment
- Event/meeting facilitation
- Data fluency