Based in Los Angeles, Rebecca has over 10 years of experience bridging theater and leadership skills as an independent consultant and as an instructor in higher education. In addition to her work with UC San Diego’s Rady School of Management’s Center for Executive Education, Rachel taught theater at NYU’s Tisch Drama program and speech and communications at Mercy College in New York. Rebecca believes in creating active, engaged learning environments where participants experience the material first-hand and put it into practice.
Rebecca specializes in emotional intelligence, collaboration, presence, public speaking, and unconscious bias and gender diversity. She works extensively with a wide range of clients, but has particular experience with high-tech, engineering, and research sciences companies. Select clients include Apple, NAIOP, Johnson & Johnson, San Diego Port Authority, Qualcomm, San Diego County Water Authority, UC San Diego, MedImpact, Prevost Construction, and Red Door Interactive.
Before joining Ariel, Rebecca was Managing Director, and later Artistic Director, of Stone Soup Theatre Company. She was a Marketing Manager for CRM Learning, a company that builds soft skills training videos and programs. She was also a marketing associate for La Jolla Playhouse and was the lead Administrative Assistant for Brilliant Projects, a NYC-based multi-arts platform.
- Wrote, directed, and performed a one-woman show, Women at War, at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and the London “Women and War” Festival
- Taught theater studies at NYU’s Tisch Drama department, as well as at theater departments at Fordham, CSU, Northridge, and UC Irvine
- Produced Soulographie: Our Genocides at La MaMa in NYC for playwright Erik Ehn
- Former Artistic Director for Stone Soup Theatre, San Diego, CA
- Member of the Young Vic Director’s Network and participated in Shakespeare’s Globe Directing Intensive, London
Education and Credentials
- PhD in Theater, University of California Irvine
- MA in Theater, San Diego State University
- BA in Anthropology, University of California Santa Cruz