David is a professional actor, author, director, producer, playwright, mime, T’ai Chi teacher, and corporate facilitator. He has delivered leadership programs for nonprofit to Fortune 500 companies and conducts workshops in communication, relationship building, storytelling, and listening skills using theatre-based techniques and exercises. David has also been practicing and teaching T’ai Chi and Qi Gong for 42 years and has spent 18 summers teaching theatre and T’ai Chi on the Greek island of Skyros.
David has led successful trainings for clients in many industries, particularly in financial services, packaging, and consumer goods. Examples include: American Express, Capital One, Harvard Business School, HSBC, Oliver Wyman, Royal Bank of Scotland, General Electric, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, IBM, Novartis, Merrill Lynch
David’s business experience is deeply intertwined with his love for theatre. He is the Owner/Producer of True Blue Productions, the former Artistic Director for Young Audiences of Massachusetts, a former member of the Young Audiences of Massachusetts Board of Directors, and the business manager for the Boston Repertory Theatre.
- National Tour of Poetry in Motion; over 4,000 performances
- World premiere of The Little Prince at the Boston Repertory Theatre, San Francisco, and national tours. Received LA Drama Desk Award for Directing.
- Adapted and Directed World Premiere of Kurt Vonnegut Jr’s Player Piano at Boston Repertory Theatre
- True Blue Productions: The Shakespeare Guyz, MythMasters, MathsAmazing, Odyssey of the Mime
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre from the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Acting from Brandeis University