Joel leverages his unique background in business, the arts, and psychology to deliver powerful insights for his clients. With his deep knowledge of the actor’s skill set, Joel has an exceptional ability to help clients communicate with clarity, warmth, and passion. Since 1995, Joel has coached clients on five continents, including non-profits and major multi-national companies. As a consultant, he specializes in management consulting, executive education, finance, and information technology. Joel is also a trained therapist, and has published numerous articles and chapters on the use of the arts for personal growth and development.
Joel specializes in facilitating trainings for organizations in the consulting, financial services, and consumer goods companies. His extensive list of clients includes: Harvard Business School/Harvard Executive Education, ExxonMobil, General Electric, CVS, AT&T, Procter & Gamble, Prudential, Pfizer, Liberty Mutual, American Express, MassMutual, Booz Allen Hamilton
In addition to his two-decade career as an Ariel coach, Joel also founded a software company. He has over 30 years of experience in designing and building software systems, including several years on Wall Street creating mortgage-backed security and analytics options trading systems for a number of New York City’s largest financial institutions.
- Directed and performed in professional theater productions throughout North America, including with La MaMa in New York City, Highways in Los Angeles, and Shakespeare & Co. in Lennox, MA.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Literature and Writing from Columbia University
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Drama Therapy Studies from Lesley University
- Professional Acting, Directing, and Playwriting Intensive Program at Trinity Rep Conservatory
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Helped the CEO of a metals trading company in Asia improve his confidence when presenting to potential investors, as well as achieve greater calm in high-stress situations.
- Worked with the COO of a prominent Boston-area media company on increasing gravitas and ability to connect, build relationships, and inspire people throughout the organization.
- Helped a Partner and Managing Director of a worldwide management consulting firm to be aware of and compensate for his tendency toward shyness and introversion. This allowed him to better reach out to clients in first meetings and social situations.