Johanna is an accomplished theater practitioner, working for over two decades as a trainer, actor and collaborator on various award-winning theater projects both nationally and internationally. Communication and the performing arts are her passion, particularly the area of improvisation. She has designed and delivered training programs using the performing arts, communication, and creativity to meet distinct learning outcomes for many different companies. Johanna is based in Bondi, Sydney and is a long time practitioner of martial arts — this discipline complements her professional skills through the continual development of presence, strength, focus, flexibility, and being in the moment.
Johanna’s list of clients has grown to include: American Express, AbbVie Australia, Westpac Bank, Abbott Laboratories, Vodafone, Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited, HDFC Bank, Oliver Wyman, IBM, Bayer Crop Science
Johanna has been committed to both the business and performing sides of Playback Theatre Sydney since 1991. This improvisational theater company delivers to both the corporate and community sector, using the performing arts to facilitate specific dialogue around particular issues. She also started her own massage practice, Body Language Remedial Massage.
- Performs with Playback Theatre doing improvisational performance, ensemble team work, and spontaneously creation of theatre from audience stories.
- Taught and performed Commedia Dell’arte in Sydney high schools. Conceived ideas, developed scripts, performed, and presented.
- Performed in the show Swan Laid with Theatre Sol, which was produced locally and toured overseas in Canada, the U.S., and Japan. Won multiple awards including Best Show, People’s Choice, and Best Director.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communications, Health/Media from University of Western Sydney
- Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment from Sydney Community College
- Diploma in Movement from Drama Action Centre, Rozelle. Training in speech, drama, creativity, spontaneity, communication, and group process.