Josh has more than 20 years of experience teaching, coaching, and consulting in the corporate, nonprofit, and public sectors. He draws on his skills in theater, and as a journalist and business writer when coaching. His coaching work is about people interacting with people — in other words, the content and delivery of messages. In both workshops and one-on-one settings, Josh enjoys creating an environment where leaders can safely explore their learning edges, and expand their capacity to build relationships that get results.
Josh has led numerous successful workshops for clients in a variety of industries. His industry specialties include financial and professional services, higher education, manufacturing and technology. His clients include: Dolby, Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan, Columbia University, Darden School of Business, Hearst, Conde Nast, Prudential, Harvard University
Josh is the Executive Producer at Good Egg, and was the Chief of Staff at the Irondale Ensemble Project.. He is also a former Teaching Artist at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and was a guest lecturer on Theater and Aesthetic Education at Princeton, Trinity (RI), Hartwick, Bennington, SUNY Plattsburgh, and on several CUNY campuses.
- Toured the Soviet Union as Uncle Vanya in an adaption of the Russian classic
- Co-adapted and directed Spoonbread & Strawberry Wine, an autobiographical one-woman show. Productions in New York City, Philadelphia, Annapolis, and Phoenix.
- Appeared in the film The Silence of the Lambs
- Is a Moth Mainstage storyeller whose work has been heard on Public Radio’s Moth Radio Hour
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theater and Political Science from Bennington College
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Worked with the Senior Vice President of a Fortune 100 consumer products company on adopting a more forceful leadership style to better manage a dysfunctional team.
- Helped a C-Level executive at a major utility company learn to incorporate the use of storytelling as a tool for inspiring leadership.
- Coached the Chief Legal Counsel at a global financial institution on customizing his communication to different audiences. For example, to concisely communicate complex legal questions for senior management steeped in finance, but not in law.