Mara’s career as a professional actor, educator, consultant, and corporate trainer is inextricably linked to early experiences of theater as a powerful tool for human development. From that perspective, she has been training leaders across a wide spectrum of ages, cultures, and industries for over fifteen years. She is passionate about applied theatre in adult learning environments, diversity and cross-cultural training, change management, and creating effective communicators in an increasingly global marketplace.
Mara’s list of clients includes: American Express, Bain, Biogen, Capital One, Citi, Liberty Mutual, Northrop Grumman, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, Prudential, Raytheon, Time Warner
In addition to her role as a facilitator, Mara was a Design Manager at Ariel for 2 years, working directly with clients to assess needs and design custom solutions, as well as supporting internal R&D for product development. Prior to this role, she was the co-founder and Artistic Director of the Bok Center Players at Harvard University, an interactive theatre group examining the pipeline for women and people of color in the hard sciences. She also served as the Director of Theatre at the Winsor School where she managed a large staff and was responsible for operations and strategy of the department.
- Director of Education, Programs, and Partnerships, Actor’s Shakespeare Project — an award-winning, nationally recognized professional theatre company.
- Resident acting company member, Actor’s Shakespeare Project — performed as Hermione in The Winter’s Tale, Celia in As You Like It, Lady Macbeth in Macbeth, and Olivia in Twelfth Night, among others.
- Frequent performer on Boston area professional stages, as well as regional theatre in the New England area and beyond.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Education from Gordon College
- M.A. of Fine Arts (MFA) in Acting from the Moscow Art Theatre School/American Repertory Theatre’s Advanced Institute for Actor Training in residence at Harvard University