As professional writers, Ariel’s facilitators understand the writing process
A professional writer for many years, Cathy has written
- direct mail, marketing, and public relations materials for consumer, design, and nonprofit organizations, including Sisters of Providence Health System, University of Massachusetts, Direct Mail Communications, and Young Bickley Geiger
- columns, features, and travel articles for regional and national publications such as Frommer’s Budget Travel, the Mount Holyoke Quarterly, and the St. Petersburg Times
- commentary and humor for WFCR, the National Public Radio affiliate in western Massachusetts.
Partial list of Cathy’s clients: Aetna, Inc., Genzyme Corporation, Alcon, The MathWorks, AstraZeneca, Mercer Management Consulting, BearingPoint, Merrill Lynch, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Turner Broadcasting, Boston Scientific
Extensive business experience is essential for knowledgeable facilitators
Cathy has experience in
- marketing and public relations for high-tech and consumer firms such as Dr. Hauschka Skin Care, Herb Pharm, and Datum Trusted Time
- creating innovative workplace training programs using humor and improvisation
- teaching business writing in the School of Business at the University of Massachusetts.
Facilitator education and diversity enrich the training experience
Cathy has been an active performer and teacher of improvisational comedy throughout New England for several years. She has produced and performed in hundreds of shows, including customized comic performances for businesses and organizations.
Cathy received a B.A. in English from Mount Holyoke College and has done graduate work in Creative Writing at the University of Massachusetts. She has received several awards for her fiction writing and is a lecturer at the Boston University School of Management.
Cathy is also a member of the Association of Business Communication and the Center for Plain Language.