Catherine Glynn is a masterful communications coach. She seamlessly combines the best practices of her sixteen years of business ownership and executive coaching experience with the skills she acquired while earning her two MFA’s and participating in hundreds of live theatre, film, and commercial productions. Utilizing her well-honed and unique performance-based techniques, Catherine assists leaders worldwide in developing their ability to command and connect with their audiences.
Her focus on client’s behavior patterns of breath, posture, gesture, content, and mindset help heighten their self-awareness and establish a framework for new, more efficient habits. She possesses a keen ability to serve individual needs while also attending to group dynamics. She specializes in one-on-one leadership presence, presentation coaching, and accent acquisition (PESL Pronunciation of English as a Second Language) for International clients.
Because of her extensive on-camera experience, her work translates beautifully to the virtual sector, and she has extensive experience delivering on several online platforms. Whether it’s in person or online, Catherine takes great pleasure in coaching and empowering leaders of any age. Her passion, insight, paired with cultural sensitivity and empathy, ensure each learning environment is safe and inviting. Her humor and agility provide a balance of precision, flow and fun. She serves clients in a vast array of industries including, but not limited to consulting, higher education, healthcare, non-profits, and engineering.
Catherine’s client list includes: McKinsey & Company Alix Partners, KPMG, Ball Aerospace, Harvard Business School, Wells Fargo, Yale School of Management, SGA Youth & Family Services, Mayo Clinic, IREM, IDEXX, Oliver Wyman, BCG, Moody’s
Catherine began her executive and speech coaching career with Speak by Design in 2005 in Chicago, where her work with internationals on accent modification morphed into an executive coaching practice. In 2009, she founded her own coaching firm, Voce Veritas, where her focus has been on PR writing, speech writing, and preparing PhD Business candidates and medical students for the job market. She joined Ariel in 2016.
- Over 250+ stage, devised work and dance performances
- Founder & Artistic Director of Audacious Raw Theater
- Artistic Associate with the Rude Mechs in Austin, Texas
- Artistic Associate with Collaboration Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois
- Former Resident Ensemble Member for the Commonweal Theatre Company
- Full-time adjunct professor of Voice, Movement, and Acting at UT Austin 1994-2000
- Member of Actors Equity Association (AEA) and SAG-AFTRA
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Humanities The College of St. Benedict & St. John’s University
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Acting with an emphasis in Movement at University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Acting with an emphasis on classical work at the University of Delaware’s Professional Theatre Training Program
- Certified Pilates Instructor
- Author of Leadership Distilled: 12 Brief Lessons. 1 Big Impact.