Carolyn brings a perfect combination of business and theater experience to her facilitator and executive coach roles at Ariel. Carolyn spent several years in the corporate world and also has an impressive theater background, performing in several Off-Broadway productions and various improvisational groups. She specializes in the finance and pharmaceutical industries and excels in the area of management consulting.
Carolyn’s list of clients includes: American Express, Harvard Business School Executive Education, Hearst Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Proctor & Gamble
Carolyn spent seven years working at Morgan Stanley, advancing to manager. She facilitated meetings of senior managers and developed and delivered a software implementation program. Her experience in the business world has led her to successfully facilitating programs for leaders at huge corporations, and leading workshops at major business schools around the country.
- Performed in several Off-Broadway productions, including Agnes of God and The Dining Room
- Developed and taught an €œIntroduction to Improvisation€ workshop for the Eastern States Theatre Association Festival in Rome, New York
- A long-standing Wingnuts member and regular cast member in Sunday Night Improv Jam
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Physics from Tufts University
- Two-year acting training program at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City
- Certified Administrator of Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Coached the CEO of a hedge fund to develop increased presence when presenting to potential investors. Targeted conveyance of passion, confidence, and clarity of message in order to inspire and build trust.
- Worked with the CFO of a world-leading animal health company to develop communication strategies for management-level meetings and presentation techniques. Used Myers-Briggs instrument to better understand his personal preferences and help improve his relationships with peers.
- Helped the Vice President of Strategic Alliances at a leading pharmaceutical company hone in on areas of personal development. Targets included assertiveness, communication strategies, values-based decision-making, and personal presence.