Rachel blends her unique expertise in business, embodied leadership, and the performing arts in her role as an Ariel facilitator. Before joining Ariel, Rachel was on the Canadian rhythmic gymnastics team and pursued a decade-long career dancing professionally with the Boston Ballet. Rachel has worked deeply in major gift fundraising at Harvard University and New England Conservatory. She also has experience in nonprofit advancement, business strategy, and communications/presence training in the corporate world. Rachel believes in the power of elevating the human experience through unlocking authentic leadership in all of her clients.
Through Rachel’s consulting practice, as well as her engagements with Ariel, she has worked extensively with clients from a wide range of industries, including higher education and nonprofits, law, technology start-ups, and finance. Select clients include Harvard University, Indigo Agriculture, Marsh and McLennan Companies, Vistage Speaker Bureau, University of Delaware, Garrett Harker Hospitality, Piaggio Fast Forward, Techstars, Mount Sinai Hospital, and Nexus Global Leaders.
On the tails of her career with Boston Ballet, Rachel immersed herself in major gift fundraising at Harvard University and New England Conservatory. Building on her trifecta of expertise as a high-level athlete, professional ballet dancer, and major gift fundraiser, Rachel founded Choreography for Business, LLC. CFB focuses on aligning intentional body language to unlock effective and authentic leadership.
Through her management of CFB and her work elevating the human experience in critical moments of connection, Rachel brings a relevant and needed perspective to her work with businesses across the nation.
Rachel’s articulate and empathetic style of communication allows for a powerful and transformational experience. Additionally, Rachel has experience editing, proofing, and creating content for nonprofits and financial firms, and was Boston City Editor of The Daily Meal for four years.
- Performed soloist and principal roles in major productions with the Boston Ballet including The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, and Swan Lake
- Toured globally, performing soloist and principal roles on stages across Spain, UK, Finland, Canada, and at NYC’s Lincoln Center
- Choreographed world premiere to Philip Glass’s Opening for Boston Contemporary Dance Festival
- Performed at Improv Asylum Boston
- Ranked second on Canadian rhythmic gymnastics team
Education and Credentials
- CORE Business Credential from Harvard Business School online
- Design Thinking for the Social Sector, Stanford d.school certificate
- BA in Political Science from Laurentian University/Université Laurentienne
- Bilingual Certificate (French/English) from Laurentian University/Université Laurentienne