Victor Barbella brings a diverse background and experience to leadership development and performance mastery. Blending his experience as a professional actor and musician with learning and development expertise, he motivates leaders toward an authentic, engaging, emotionally intelligent leadership presence that increases followership and gets results. His experience in learning and business spans over 30 years as a public school teacher, instructional designer, arts educator and life coach, along with business management from guest services and healthcare. Victor thrives on both the depth of 1:1 coaching and the dynamics of speaking and presenting to large groups, so his specialty is coaching individuals and groups for high stakes presentations. He is also a trained and experienced graphic facilitator and a published writer.
Victor specializes in several areas of expertise, such as Improvisation, presentation coaching, keynote speaking, graphic facilitation and instructional design. His list of clients includes: Abbott Labs, Dolby, Aetna, Duke Executive Education, BNY Mellon, Harvard Business School, Citi, PayPal, Columbia Business School, TEDx, Johnson & Johnson, Cox Communications, Thomson Reuters
Victor has worked in leadership positions within management in the following industries: commercial retail, food and guest services, public health care and real estate.
- Owner & Co-Founder: Gotham Radio Theater Company, now in 7th Season.
- Off-Broadway: 45th Street Theatre, June Havoc Theatre; Regional: George Street Playhouse, Fleetwood Stage, McCarter Theatre, Stamford Theatreworks; London: Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith.
- TV episodic: Law & Order, soap opera; commercials and independent films
- Worked alongside notable actors Marion Seldes, Michael Cerveres, Matthew Arkin, Eric Bogosian
Education and Credentials
- B.S. in Education with Concentration in Music from West Chester University (PA)
- M.A. Acting: London Academy of Performing Arts, UK
- Certified Life Leadership Coach: Certified Coaches Alliance | International Coaches Federation
- Graphic Facilitation Training: Crowley & Company
- Member: National Speaker’s Association, International Facilitators’ Association, AIGA, Actors Equity Association, Screen Actors’ Guild, AFTRA and International Forum of Visual Practitioners
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Presence Coach 2013: COO of National Insurance Company; high-stakes sales conference keynote address
- Executive Coach 2014: Executive Director and Contributing Fellow of Cultural Leadership Institute; communication, presence, negotiations, group management, speaking to external power
- TEDx 2015 and 2016 Speakers’ Coach: Senior Director Speakers from prominent healthcare-pharma organization; speaking and presenting 2015 and 2016 TEDx conferences
- TEDx 2015 Speakers’ Coach: Event Coordinator-Master of Ceremonies; presence and communication, audience engagement and connection
- Executive Coach 2017: Regional Director at national car rental company; enhanced team management, relationship building, expressiveness and networking with senior leadership
- Executive Coach 2017: Executive Director of Cultural Peace Advocacy Organization; communication, team engagement, relationship building, managing difficult employees