Tim Van Ness is an actor, director, consultant, educator and corporate trainer. He designs and facilitates training programs and unique processes for utilizing interactive theater as a tool for behavioral, cultural, and transformational change. A 30-year veteran of Playback Theatre, and improvisational form, he is also a classically trained musician and accomplished singer, songwriter, and performer. Once a music teacher in the Boston Public Schools, he has sung with highly acclaimed choruses on both U.S. coasts and has toured numerous times throughout Europe.
Tim has led numerous successful workshops for clients in a variety of industries. His industry specialties include financial and professional services, healthcare, higher education, manufacturing and technology. His clients include: Procter & Gamble, American Express, KKR, CVS Caremark, Kaiser Permanente, Liberty Mutual, Executive Education Programs at Harvard, Duke, Columbia & Darden, Capital One
In addition to serving as president of his own company, Van Ness & Co., Tim has gained invaluable experience in a variety of business and development positions. Notable roles include Assistant Director of Development at The Men’s Resource Center of Western Massachusetts and Principal Partner at DramaWorks InterActive, which he co-founded in 1997.
- Played Demetrius in A Midsummer Night’s Dream for Hampshire Shakespeare Company
- Performed various roles in corporate training videos for KKR, IBM and In-Light Productions
- Developed and performed many roles in plays on various workplace issues including executive development, gender and power, leadership and truth-telling, customer satisfaction and conflict resolution.
Education and Credentials
- B.M.E. (Bachelor of Music Education) from the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Certificate in Education from the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Certificate of Advanced Training (included 100 hours of psychodrama training) from the Centre for Playback Theatre