Luis brings over six years of experience coaching clients from a broad range of industries and a natural ability to forge deep connections with others to his role as an Ariel facilitator. Before joining Ariel, Luis spent 13 years managing and supporting construction and engineering projects all over North America. Luis strives to be an enthusiastic and diplomatic motivator and is passionate about creating opportunities for others to discover new possibilities within themselves.
Luis has worked extensively with a wide range of business segments, including higher education and the technology industry. Select clients include Nanyang Technological University, Charles Schwab, UC Berkeley-Haas School of Business, RMW Architecture & Interiors, Google, Turner Construction, Facebook, Micron Technology, Uber, and Firewood Marketing.
Luis started his career as a coastal engineer and project manager in the heavy construction and dredging industry. Working within high-caliber teams all over North America, Luis thrived in the fast-paced, high-stakes environment of construction management. His projects ranged from beach re-nourishments in Florida to bridges in Minnesota, marsh restorations in Louisiana, mooring installations in Alaska, and port rehabilitations in California. In 2015, Luis left construction while earning his MBA at Berkeley-Haas in order to transition into coaching and leadership development.
- Member of University of Florida men’s water polo team from 1998–2000
- Assistant lecturer of Leadership Communication at UC Berkeley-Haas School of Business from 2014–2017
- Worked with world-renowned teachers in voice, breath, and movement at the Centre Artistique du Roy Hart in Malerargues, France from 2016–2017
- Gave commencement speech at MBA graduation ceremony at the Berkeley Greek Theater in 2016
Education and Credentials
- BS in Civil Engineering, University of Florida
- ME in Coastal Engineering, University of Florida
- MBA from University of California, Berkeley-Haas
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Advanced Leadership and Coaching Certification, University of California, Berkeley-Haas Center for Executive Education