Chris is an actor, educator, and consultant who specializes in the integration of theater and human development. He has designed and delivered theater-based programming in leadership and professional communication for a wide spectrum of clients across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. For over 20 years, he has coached thousands of men and women in the art of leadership presence, emotional intelligence, interpersonal communication, Shakespeare, and voice.
Chris’s list of clients has grown to include: Merrill Lynch, Société Générale, Rogers Communication, Deloitte & Touche, Sandia National Laboratories, The Canadian Government, Hearst Corporation
Chris serves as the Artistic Director for Toronto Playback Theatre, which he founded with the mission of providing professional improvisational and audience-interactive theater for diverse communities in the Toronto area. He has also taught at the Harvard Business School, Emerson College, Boston College, Kellogg Graduate School of Management in Chicago and Columbia University Senior Executive Program in New York.
He currently sits on the faculty as well as the Advisory Board for Leadership Development at the Banff Centre in Alberta, and was instrumental in designing their flagship training program, The Art of the Executive Leader.
- Has trained, performed, and directed with theaters, including Roy Hart Theatre in France, Geese Theatre for Prisons in New Hampshire, Boston Playback Theatre, and Shakespeare & Company in the Berkshires of Massachusetts.
- Served on the faculty of Shakespeare & Company since 1993.
- Designed Linklater Voice Teacher, and ran the Linklater Voice Studio in Boston for five years.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English and American Literature and Language from Harvard University
- Master of Arts (MA) in Theatre Arts and Vocal Communication from Lesley University