Carol is a keynote speaker and executive coach with over 20 years of experience in the field of training and development. She is also a Staff Contributor to Ariel’s blog. Carol has trained and coached people at all levels — from C-Suite executives to internal service providers to mid-level managers. Carol believes implicitly in the power of practice, coming to understand the importance of immediate feedback while working on her Master’s thesis in Theatre.
Carol has specific expertise in the challenges faced by the consulting, pharmaceutical, and financial services industries, as well as diversity programs aimed at women. Her clients include: Harvard, FIU: Women on the Move, Chrysler, Deutsche Bank, Proctor & Gamble, Comcast Women’s Program, Novo Nordisk, Queens School of Business, SM Energy, NIAID, Citigroup
Carol brings to her clients an extensive background in business. Prior to joining Ariel, Carol was VP, Learning for 6 years for e-roleplay, a coaching organization in Toronto, Canada. She has also consulted with small business, academia, and government. One of her workshops about handling change and transition for Ontario’s Ministry of Transportation was so popular the first year it was offered that it was brought back a second year for 600 additional participants. Additionally, she has conducted sessions using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator as a team-building tool for Citizenship and Immigration Canada and worked for 4 years as a career counselor at George Brown College in Toronto. Carol is also an acclaimed speaker and a member of the National Speakers Association. Her background as an actress alongside her business expertise make her presentations funny, dynamic and insightful.
- Received Best Solo Drama Award for That Dorothy Parker, performed Off-Broadway at the Soho Playhouse. Described by The New York Times as, “A lovely resonate performer” with great humor.
- 3 seasons as a Series Regular on Hello, Mrs. Cherrywinkle and Rockabye Bubble for the Family Channel
- Has appeared in hundreds of TV and radio Commercials
Education and Credentials
- MFA from York University/Toronto, Canada
- BFA from Wayne State University
- Certified in Life Skills Coaching and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Member of the National Speakers Association
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Worked with C-suite executive at global manufacturing company to improve his relationships with board members. Focused on increasing emotional intelligence and manage frustrations in a more productive way.
- Helped a newly promoted Regional Sales Manager at a North American pharmaceutical company to improve his presentation skills. He’d previously been labeled as €œBrilliant, but boring.
- Coached the Vice President at a Fortune 100 financial services firm to help her strategize and execute her 2014/2015 business plan and increase her leadership presence.