For nearly 20 years, Anja has delivered programs in leadership development, presentation skills, and communication for companies worldwide. In her work, Anja combines the physical methodology of the actor and dancer with modern coaching approaches based in neurobiology, communication psychology and leadership development theory. She brings to her coaching assignments her expertise and experience of many years as well as as her passion and strong belief in possibility and growth. Clients appreciate her wam rigour and good sense of humor. Anja speaks both English and German and is able to deliver our programs in these languages.
Anja’s list of clients has grown to include: Harvard Business School, Thyssen Krupp, Procter & Gamble, Henkel, Daimler AG
Anja has been a facilitator and executive coach with Ariel since 1996, and began her own coaching and training business in 2004 in Germany where she is based. She conducts ongoing research focusing on the impact of theatre arts on the development of presence, self-esteem, and personal growth. Her academic pursuits have led to teaching positions at the University of San Francisco, the University of Vancouver, Lesley College, the University of Hamburg, and the State Academy for Cultural Education.
- Member of the theater group, “Just Play”
- Wrote and performed the solo show, €œWanted€
- Sang in a duo with a guitarist
- Directing of singing ensembles and theater groups in self-written plays
- Extensive Voice & Performance Work with the Roy Hart Theater of the Voice, South of France
- Work with the Improv Group “Die Spieler”
- 20 years of dance training/performance: Ballet, Modern Dance, New Dance, Body/Mind Centering U.
Education and Credentials
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Science from University of Hamburg
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Creative Arts and Theater Studies from Lesley College
- Certified Business Coach (Fischer-Epe & Team)
- Certified wingwave Coach (Siegmund-Besser Institut)
- Certified Introvision Coach (Dehner Academy)
Sample Coaching Assignments
- Worked with a partner of a large consulting company to increase confidence and effectiveness in communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Worked with Senior Vice President of an automotive company to improve presentation and relationship building skills.
- Worked with the female Art Director of a German publisher on leadership presence and presentation skills.