VP, Client Development
Job Title: VP, Client Development
Region: Northeast US or Midwest US
Reports to: SVP, Global Clients
FLSA Status: Exempt
The VP will be directly responsible for developing and growing client relationships in their assigned territory, and will report to the SVP, Global Clients. From a strategic perspective, the VP is responsible for understanding customers’ business needs and planning how to profitably meet these needs within our organizational capabilities. This role is highly consultative and relies on a solutions-based selling approach.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be passionate about the company’s vision of creating a world where people authentically engage with others and maximize their potential
- Be a key contributor to support the fulfillment of the company’s mission
- Commit to the company’s values
- Prospect for new opportunities with new, existing, and dormant clients
- Follow up on inbound leads from our website, LinkedIn, referrals, and other business development and marketing initiatives
- Maintain and grow existing accounts by building solid relationships founded on trust
- Work effectively with support team and assist when appropriate
- Work closely with delivery staff to ensure that what is offered to clients is consistent with our value proposition and expertise
- Effectively lead the response team on RFPs with proposals that reflect our company brand as an outstanding client-focused organization
- Understand the training industry—key players, trends, different delivery modes, and standard pricing
- Demonstrate content expertise and the impact our unique set of solutions can have on the client organization
- Conduct effective sales calls—use a client-focused solutions approach to engagement that differentiates us from the competition
- Accurately manage sales forecasting and the timely submission of sales reports
- Network with training professionals who offer different but complementary products and services in order to get referrals and introductions when appropriate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 3–5 years of experience selling solutions to Fortune 500 companies
- Must be able to learn quickly as a motivated self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to sell effectively to senior client executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Must be able to think strategically and work both collegially and independently
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Must be client-focused, able to work collaboratively with clients to design customized training solutions
- Must have excellent listening, consultative sales, and proposal writing skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and analytical skills
- Must have strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Must have the desire and ability to work in a team toward team-based goals
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and have a strong knowledge of database management
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work remotely required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel required as necessary