VP, Client Development
Are you ready to help a growing company succeed?
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the VP is responsible for developing and growing client relationships in an assigned territory. The individual contributor in this highly consultative role needs to understand client business needs, create solutions, and close profitable deals in an entrepreneurial environment. With uncapped commissions, your potential is unlimited.
In this exciting role, you will be expected to:
- Oversee a portfolio of new and existing accounts; look for prospects, maintain and grow current relationships, and follow up on inbound leads
- Build and solidify deep trust with clients to maximize the value and expertise we can bring
- Respond to RFPs with effective proposals that reflect our outstanding, client-focused brand
- Understand the L&D industry, including key players, trends, and methodologies
- Be an expert on our content, the impact of our unique solutions, and what makes us different
- Keep the sales forecast and your sales reports accurate and up-to-date
What do you need?
- A bachelor’s in marketing or a related field; 5+ years’ experience in B2B consultative selling with a record of proven success
- The ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment as a motivated self-starter
- A collaborative, client-focused, and strategic sales approach that wins business from senior executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Excellence in written and oral communication (including presentations), analytical thinking, and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills; the desire and ability to work both independently and in a team toward team goals
- The usual proficiency with MS Office, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, with a strong knowledge of database management
Who are we?
We are passionate professionals who believe in Ariel’s vision of creating a world where people authentically engage with others and unlock their most generous selves. Our egalitarian community consists of valued individuals who deeply support the company’s strategic direction and success. We are totally committed to Ariel’s values of serving wholeheartedly, practicing becoming, wildly committing, and living creatively. We have a growth mindset and are dedicated to ongoing personal and professional development.
We are Ariel.
What do we do?
Ariel is a communication training company that helps leaders and their teams build trusted relationships and authentically connect with their audiences through in-person and virtual interactions, writing, and speaking. Our dynamic corporate leadership development programs teach teams how to build credibility, establish authentic connections, and deliver messages with impact to influence others effectively.